Valiant Awarded Six U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Base Operations Construction Contracts, Valued at Over $21.9 Million
Base Operations Support Business to Lead Repair and Renewal Task Orders Across California, Hawaii and Virginia
Herndon, VA – December 15, 2020 – Valiant and its Integrated Base Operations Support business, today announced the award of six U.S. base operation construction task orders by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Huntsville, Ala. and Mobile, Ala. offices. Valued at over $21.9 million, the contracts include one new customer, the Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, and majority of Valiant’s support will focus on medical facility building updates. The company will oversee interior and exterior building repair and renewal, and multiple construction needs for all six contracts across California, Hawaii and Virginia over the next year.
“As an ongoing partner to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, we are honored to continue this relationship, and we deeply value the opportunity to aid in the mission to make essential updates that improve the safety and quality of these critical facilities,” said David Boyd, Senior Project Manager of Construction for Valiant’s Integrated Base Operations Support business.
The six task orders are led by David Boyd, Senior Project Manager of Construction for Valiant’s Integrated Base Operations Support business. A high level overview of the contracts awarded and Valiant’s scope of work under each task order are as follows:
Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC), Honolulu, HI:
- Four (4) total Task Orders on the Mobile USACE MATOC for Repair and Minor Construction (RMC) in support of U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) and the Huntsville USACE MATOC for Medical Repair and Renewal Design Build (MRR D-B)
- Support with medical repair and renewal, including replacement of multiple refrigerant units and providing UV lights across several areas of facility
- Reseal exterior of building, repair windows and frames, and update exterior finishes, gutter system, exterior doors, handrails and replace all utility control joints
- Repair and renew the roofing system over the chiller room
- Repair and renew the roofing system in multiple mechanical rooms, including creating a gravel roof over the medical center door entry, and providing general building repair, including HAZMAT abatement.
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, VA:
- Task Order on the Huntsville USACE MATOC for Medical Repair and Renewal Design Build (MRR D-B)
- Provide a new nurse call system that replaces and integrates three existing systems within the naval hospital.
Weed Army Community Hospital (WACH), Fort Irwin, CA:
- Task Order on the Mobile USACE MATOC for Repair and Minor Construction (RMC) in support of U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM)
- Provide workplan design and replacement of the existing card access system at the Weed Army Community Hospital, with options to also support similar repairs in the Central Energy Plant and Mary Walker Admin. Building.
For more information, visit www.onevaliant.com.
Valiant is a global government services contractor with more than 5,500 associates worldwide that provides vital resources, high value solutions and critical support services for essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. With a focus on aerospace and defense, national security and intelligence and civil government, we deploy expertise for our customers in the areas of Engineering and Analysis, Logistics and Sustainment, Mission and Contingency Operations, Training, Simulation and Readiness, Program Management, Operations, Maintenance and Management. Valiant enables government departments and agencies, global peacekeepers, relief workers, and emergency response teams to efficiently and effectively complete their missions in some of the most complex environments across the globe. Valiant is a closely held corporation of GC Valiant LP, along with other shareholders. Visit us at www.onevaliant.com and on LinkedIn.